Sunday 15 March 2009

Cute card Thursday challenge #51


My sister asked me to make a friend of hers a 60th birthday card so I thought I would combine it with the challenge over at Cute card Thursday which is a fab sketch by Katharina, I love it. I hope my submission counts however as I had to adapt it slightly.

The fab sketch:


My card:

Card Ingredients:

  • DP - Basic Grey Scarlet's Letter
  • Stamp - Magnolia Tilda with Rose
  • Colouring Medium - Letraset Promarkers
  • Sentiment - computer generated, 60 plaque is by East of India & is available from Deb at Stampeezee, (I don't think they are on the web site you will need to call the shop).
  • Embellishments - Buttons - SU, Ribbon, SU, Eyelet SU, flowers & bling dots from my stash
  • Tools, martha stewart doily punch, cricut, cuttlebug & nestie dies


The inside of my card:




Yes you can see a mini Tilda with Rose, I had a look on
Marlene's blog and she has one of these cute stamps up as blog candy (ending tonight), they are only available from the NEC or other craft shows Magnolia attend. I had decided I was not going but I have been a bit stressed out lately and after going on and on about them after visiting Marlene's blog, my lovely husband took me along (we only live 15 minutes away) for a few hours to treat me to some of these mini stamps. Whilst I was there I met Rach from Papercrafts by Rach......it's so nice to meet these talented people and Rach is lovely.........we raided the minis together (I got about 10). It was a smaller show than usual but I still managed to spend a few pennies (mostly at the Magnolia stand).

I hope my sisters friend likes the card.

Thanks for looking & please feel free to leave a comment.

Sarah
x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the sweet tiny Tilda, she is perfect for decorating the insides! Thank you so much for joining in our birthday challenge! Have a great night, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sarah, I'm sure she'll love it. Thanks for the mention I'll try to get the plaques onto the website this week! You caved in then - thought you were being strong to resist the lure of the NEC!! See you soon
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card. I am sooo envious of you going to the NEC. What a lovely hubby you have! Perhaps as well I did not go, it has saved me a fortune on Magnolias! Especially the baby ones. Thanks for your good wishes. I am feeling much better today:)
    Regards,
    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty papers. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet card and I love the image

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is stunning i love the paers and the image is fab
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi sarah, this card is stunning and your colouring is fab. wheres those stampin up treats you gave out tuesday night? get them on here there fantastic! yummy lol
    lovely to finally of meet you, ill be touch soon with those dates you were after
    speak soon hun
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, your blog is so interesting with beautiful work. Michele just let me know you would be joining the DT for C4E. Just wanted to give you a welcome, and look forward to seeing your DT cards. Hugs.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete