Friday 20 November 2009

Happy 50th Birthday

Thank goodness its Friday, sorry I have not visited this week.........I have felt really unwell all week, I have been at work but by the time I got home every night I was ready for bed!!! I feel no better today and I am working all day tomorrow as well!!!!


Anyway.....I made this card for hubby's work pal who is celebrating her 50th birthday this week. the design is based on this card from the Splitcoast stamper gallery of Treasureoiler.

I had a go at the Featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast stampers where you get to CASE a card from a chosen gallery but the rules are that you must chage at least 2 things............as you can see I changed quite a few, including the DP, colour, stamps etc

The DP is Craftwork cards from Stampeezee & I used my Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch to create the border at the bottom..........the Martha Stuart punches are on offer by the way at Stampeezee.........15% off & they have the punch around the page ones back in stock - if you can't see them on the web site they may have them in the shop stock so give them a call.
I cut the numbers on my Cricut & covered them with glitter.......this card looks so much nicer IRL, I just can't get a decent pic in this dark weather!!!!
Anyway I hope his pal likes the card.........I am going to lie on the settee now & sleep as I am worn out!!!

Hugs
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. waw amazing card , i love the mix of colours,that paper are soooo beatiful ,wawwww,
    big hugsssss
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Sarah, love the big numbers and the fab papers. Hope you get well soon.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have excelled again sarah, such a fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Sarah!!! Sorry your not feeling too well, hope you get better very soon.
    Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi DIL,
    This is a gorgeous card. I love the warm shades of brown and the papers are great. I'm sure the lady in question will love it.
    Hugs & Kisses,
    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah!
    I hope you are feeling a lot better by now & have managed to take things easy. There are so many horrid bugs around at the moment. Love the card. The colours are beautiful & there is so much fab detail. The recipient is going to love it.
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete