Tuesday 24 November 2009

Passion for Promarkers

Happy Tuesday blogging pals, the weeks sure do fly by, not long to xmas now & I am way behind on the xmas card making!!!! Looks like I will be making an emergency trip to the shops for some boxed cards....................although I feel bad as most of my pals know about my habit & may be offended if I don't make them a card!!!! What do you do???

Anyway, on to this weeks Passion for Promarkers challenge & this week Helen has chosen the theme 'Vintage'

This one got me thinking...........In the end I decided on a blue & cream theme, this colour scheme is everywhere at the moment and I love it!!!! My papers are from the My Minds Eye Signature range............love these papers, so yummy.



I stamped my new xmas eve Tilda in Black Impress Ink onto SU Very Vanilla cardstock & coloured her in the following Promarkers:

Skin: Ivory, Blush, Dusky pink, pastel pink
Clothes: pastel blue & denim blue, caramel & Tan
Hair: sandstone, cinnamon & Umber

The sentiment is an Old Magnolia one, stamped in SU Close to Cocoa onto SU Very vanilla cardstock.

I have sanded & used my paper distresser on the edges of the papers to give them an older appearance.

Hope you like it, we are making it in my card class tonight as some of my ladies want to play colouring in and some have asked how I build my cards, so I thought I would show them!!!!

Thanks for looking, have a great week, please feel free to leave a comment as I love reading them.

Hugs

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful Sarah
    I agree, lots of my friends and family would be offended if I sent bought cards - just don't know if I have enough time to make all I need
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DIL,
    This is absolutely beautiful. I love the colours and you have made a fantastic job of Tilda. This card has everything - a bit of distressing, beautiful lace ribbon, awesome home made flowers/snowflakes and a great layout. I love the papers. I think this is one of your best.
    Hope the class goes well tonight - wish I was coming.
    Special Hugs & Kisses,
    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card sarah, love the vintage apperance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card card Sarah. Love the image you've used and the perfect colouring also. Hugs
    Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, I saw your card over on PFP and just had to drop by to say WOW! I so love the look you have created hun, Tilda is fabulous and so delicate. Brilliant piece of art. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah this is so stunning. Love the techniques you have used.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    This is just gorgeous. I don't associate Promarkers with vintage, but this is just perfect. Glad to hear you are still doing the classes. Sound like they are going well.
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sarah, this card is truly gorgeous. xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, this is oh so cute!!! Your new Tilda is adorable. I can't wait to get mine in. These colors are great and such a pretty lace. Love it! Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh she is fabulous, gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah This is a beautiful card love the colours and Tilda is just soo cute I now have 3 Tilda stamps and I blame auntie Fiona for this growing addiction. Hope you are feeling better love to the boys Carol xxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutly gorgeous Sarah, I love this colour combo. I know you only got this stamp last Thursday, well done!!! for using it so quickly, mine's still uninked. Those papers are lush.....I keep stroking mine.
    Hugs Sonia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah!! Really cute card! I just thought I would drop by and leave a note. I won some ProMarkers from you a while back, adn you must have wondered if I got them or not as I never left you a message. (Computer problems!!) Anyways I have left you a little thank you message on my blog if you would like to have a quick look @ http://cardmakingnutjo.blogspot.com/2009/11/major-update-part-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi honey, hows you? OMG your card is Stunning! i love the flower and the leaf, is the leaf a you know what punch!!! lol oh who care's is it the Martha Stewart one? if it is would you please tell me the size of the punch out? pretty please : )

    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely Sarah
    I am behind on my xmas card making as well!
    Love the colours and Tilda
    Lots of love
    Grace
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Sarah, love the colours and papers!

    Hugs,

    Mélanie

    ReplyDelete